I am taking a hiatus from Birth Doula services so that I can be present for my daughter and my family. Instead, I offer Birth Prep,the culmination of ten years of birth and labor support. I've helped hundreds of families during labor. I've helped prepare hundreds more families for childbirth through birth coaching and prenatal yoga. Over the last decade, I've witnessed the intrinsic connection between the level of preparation for birth and post-birth feelings of empowerment. Birth readiness is an art - it involves not only preparing for our dream scenario, but releasing our attachments and working through our fears of less than ideal scenarios.
Birth Prep is an ideal fit for mothers who want more support than what their current birth team is able to provide. I've coached first time moms and partners who don't want a Doula, as well as moms and partners who have been through birth before and would just like a refresher.
Birth Prep offers a flexible methodology tailored towards your desires and needs. I have no agenda and no judgements surrounding your birth choices. My goal is to help you prepare to meet your little one through birth coaching sessions (partners encouraged) and optional prenatal yoga support.
Birth Prep is an ongoing process. We commit to meeting during the tail end of your second trimester or first month of your third trimester. I stay in touch with you throughout your pregnancy. I am not on call for you during your labor, but I may be able to provide occasional text support.
One on one Birth Prep includes about 4hrs of in-person coaching and may be spread over two meetings or combined into one. Length varies, dependent on how many questions you may have. A comprehensive digital packet of resources is provided. Included in my services are:
• Complete childbirth education, including critical information on what to expect physically and emotionally during the three stages of labor.
• Hands-on labor support techniques so that when the big day comes, you feel calm and prepared.
• We will explore which meditation and pain management techniques work best for you.
• Help in creating your Birth Preferences to give your doctor and hospital
• Two 30 minute coaching calls.
• Unlimited email support. Limited text support (Digital support provided M-F, 9am - 5pm.)
Personalized private yoga and meditation may be added on for an additional fee. I bring my mini tripod and encourage my clients to tape their private yoga sessions so they can use them again and again. Please contact me to book a complimentary phone consultation.